Pihole is blocking twitter.com AFTER login - what do I need to whitelist in PiHole? - Solved

Pihole is blocking twitter.com AFTER login - what do I need to whitelist in PiHole?


I can go to twitter.com, login and afterward I got a "Something is technically wrong." error. I then punted back to the login screen.

This happen ONLY when I tried to access twitter.com when PiHole is enabled. If it is disabled, all is good.

twitter blocking pihole

By default, the following is already whitelisted in PiHole:

t.co
twimg.com
twitter.com

From the Queries Dashboard, the only thing I can see getting blocked at the time when I tried to access twitter is google-analytics.com.

Here are some helpful tools for determining why things are being blocked.
https://discourse.pi-hole.net/t/how-do-i-determine-what-domain-an-ad-is-coming-from/1522

Looks like this is because Twitter use Google Analytics and that is blocked by default.
/etc/pihole/gravity.list ssl.google-analytics.com is 0.0.0.0

That's because that analytics domain is used by many products. If you whitelist it for Twitter use, you'll be whitelisting it for all apps. So, there's a tradeoff.




No comments:

Post a Comment


Canada Internet Service Review Discussion Group
InternetCanada@groups.io
Canada 🇨🇦 Internet Service Review
https://groups.io/g/InternetCanada