How to exclude a device from Pi-hole

How to exclude a device from Pi-hole?

Hello, I am new to Pi-hole and cannot figure out how to exclude one of my home devices from using Pi-hole. The device (circled in red) is my ISP's smartTV box and for some reason it's making most of the queries on my Pi-hole. In this screenshot you can see that only one device is excluded from Pi-hole on my network - it is my Asus Router. I need to also add my ISP's smartTV Box - how do I do this? Tried to play around with "Groups" and "Clients" under "Group Management" but to no avail - the TV Box is still using Pi-hole and making lots of queries. I use v5 of Pi-hole.


Answer ::
remove client from all groups should do it, it might actually not remove them from the query log though but they won't get filtered. If you want it to stop using PI-hole as DNS then you gotta set different DNS server inside that smartTV box.


SmartTV's are biggest spies now, I would suggest you leave it as it is.
But if you still want to exclude it this should work:
Go to Group Management > Clients, add that IP to the list (there is Known clients dropdown to help you) then on the Group assignment tab remove it from all groups (probably just Default in your case) and hit Apply, done.
Are you running Pi-hole's DHCP or ISP's router DHCP?If you want it to use Pi-hole the router must be configured to use Pi-hole's IP as DNS, look around router settings for this!




No comments:

Post a Comment


Canada Internet Service Review Discussion Group
InternetCanada@groups.io
Canada 🇨🇦 Internet Service Review
https://groups.io/g/InternetCanada